METASU FZ-77A1A / FZ-77GC1A
Zinc plating brightener system for high temperature chloride bath
The prevention of greenhouse effects caused by carbon dioxide produced from systems that derive energy from burning fossil fuels, and environmental topics like the reduction of industrial waste have become worldwide issues.
METASU FZ-77, a zinc plating brightener system for high temperature acid baths, was developed to mitigate these issues.
Usable at high bath temperatures (30 to 45℃), this system needs less power for cooling, leading to an energy-efficient system and lower electricity costs. Also, the system prevents plating solution volume increases caused by cooling, and this reduces the amount of industrial waste.
- Suitable for a wide selection of plating baths, an attractive shiny plated film can be obtained over a wide range of bath temperatures ranging from 20 - 60℃. However, an operating range of 30 - 45℃ is recommended for the brightener to display its true performance and merits on the production floor.
A plating bath with a higher temperature has the following merits.
(1) Processing can continue without having to cool down the plating solution.
(2) There is no increase in the plating solution.
(3) Productivity is improved due to a higher electrical conductivity during plating.
(4) Prevents chipping, and physical properties of the plated film are improved, providing excellent ductility for secondary processing.
(5) Chromate adhesion is improved compared to conventional systems.
- Can be used for all ammonium baths and ammonium-potassium (1:1 ratio) baths.
- Pleasant work environment due to reduced mist and odor.
|Appearance||Brown liquid (FZ-77A1A)
Brown liquid (FZ-77GC1A)
The product color tone does not affect performance.
Usage conditions (standard)
|Composition||Zinc chloride||30 – 50g/L||Monitor by analysis.|
|Zinc metal||15 – 25g/L||Monitor by analysis.|
|All chlorines||130 – 170g/L||Monitor by analysis. Decrease in concentration induces a drop in covering power.|
|METASU FZ-77A1A||0.03 – 0.06L/KAH||Set according to the barrel drag-out amount.|
|METASU FZ-77GC1A||0.03 – 0.10L/KAH||Consumption amount increases in high temperature baths.|
|Condition||ｐH||5.7 – 6.1||Monitor by pH meter.|
|Bath temperature||20 – 60°C||Consumption amount for GC1A (brightener) increases in high temperature baths.|
|Cathode electric current density||2.0 – 4.0 A/dm2||Electric current is set according to the shape and quantity of the parts for plating.|
|Anode||High purity zinc (99.99%)||Titanium case can be used.|
|Filtration||Continuous filtration||A filtration capacity of 2 to 4 times the amount of plating solution per hour is required.|
Bath makeup method (standard)
|Chemicals||Ammonium bath||Ammonium-potassium bath||Remarks|
|Zinc chloride||40g/L||40g/L||99% high purity product|
|Ammonium chloride||200g/L||50g/L||For industrial or food additive use.|
|Potassium chloride||-||150g/L||Refined product.|
|METASU FZ-77A1A||20ml/L||20ml/L||Brightener for bath makeup and replenishment.|
|METASU FZ-77GC1A||0.3 – 1ml/L||0.3 – 1ml/L||Brightener for bath makeup and replenishment.|
Inquiry about the product
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or matters to discuss.